- This event has passed.
Christian Schools National Policy Forum & Christian Schools Symposium
May 21 @ 9:00 am - May 23 @ 4:00 pm
The 2018 National Policy Forum is set to be yet another exciting, engaging and encouraging time. Come and gather together as one, united Christian schooling movement in our nation’s capital to be challenged and inspired.
We are very excited by the lineup of speakers who have already committed to the Forum.
Hearing from the former Deputy Prime Minister, the Hon John Anderson AO at the Forum Dinner will undoubtedly be a highlight, but we also have a wider range of great speakers during the Forum itself including:
- Emeritus Professor Rosalind Croucher AM, President, Australian Human Rights Commission, will be outlining the role of the Commission and its role in relation to religious freedom;
- Martyn Iles, former Director of the Human Rights Law Alliance and now Managing Director of ACL and I will be providing practical advice on protecting your ministry in these challenging times;
- Dr Patricia Weerakoon, sexologist, author and speaker, is sharing on sex and gender from a Biblical perspective;
- Rebecca Nhep, CEO International Relief, ACCI on orphanage tourism, school mission trips, and the challenges of modern day slavery;
- Professor Dr John Whitehall, Professor of Paediatrics at Western Sydney University, will be providing the latest medical research on sex and gender – a key flashpoint for religious freedom issues;
- Neil David, CEO of Swan Christian Education Association sharing reflections on coming into Christian education with a background in the corporate world;
- Dr Steve Chavura, leading academic, political theorist and intellectual historian, speaking on the philosophical underpinning and background to a Western liberal democracy from a Christian perspective;
- Geoff Brisby and Cass Pendlebury sharing the lessons of extensive experience with effective child protection in NSW in the light of the final report of the recent Royal Commission.
- Professor Dr Augusto Zimmerman, is a keynote speaker presenting a Christian critique on human rights and the law in the Australian Curriculum.
We will also be joined by the Minister, Shadow Minister, Greens Education Spokesperson amongst other Parliamentarians.
With the Great Hall closed for refurbishment we are once again in the intimate surroundings of the Mural Hall, upstairs in the very centre of Parliament House. Unfortunately, this means seating for the dinner is very limited. Do not delay and register now to avoid disappointment.
The Christian Schools Policy Forum will conclude at 3:00pm on Tuesday 22 May.
The Christian Schools Symposium will be held immediately after the Forum on Wednesday 23 May, concluding at 4:00pm.
Below is a link to the current Program for the Christian Schools National Policy Forum and Symposium Program
Register now for the National Policy Forum .
For information or further inquiries, please contact Sharon Bebb.