- This event has passed.
SA SpecNet #3
24th August 2018 @ 8:45 am - 3:00 pm$85
The CSA SA SpecNet Group exists to provide service and support to Special Ed Teachers in Christian Schools in South Australia. Come to further develop your networks, be inspired and encouraged.
8.45am – Registration / Tea and Coffee available
9.00am – Welcome and Devotion
9.15am – Guest Speaker: Melissa Symonds (Special Education Adviser – AISSA)
- “Developing Special Ed Policies in your school”
- “NCCD Data Collection – Promoting quality practice: Supporting Policies and Procedures”
11.15am – Morning Tea
11.30am – Whole Group Discussion Time: Iron Sharpens Iron
12.45pm – Lunch & Networking
1.30pm – Guest Speaker: Rebecca Napier (Extended Learning Teacher – Southern Vales Christian College, Flinders University PHD student and tutor)
- Topic: Twice Exceptional students (learning difficulties and gifted).
Twice-exceptional learners are students who give evidence of the potential for high achievement capability in areas such as specific academics; general intellectual ability; creativity; leadership; AND/OR visual, spatial, or performing arts AND also give evidence of one or more disabilities as defined by federal or state eligibility criteria such as specific learning disabilities; speech and language disorders; emotional/behavioural disorders; physical disabilitie4s;autism spectrum disorder; or other health impairments, such as AD/HD.
2.50pm Closing Comments
ON THE DAY
Please bring each of the following on the day:
- Copy of a de-identified ILP
- Copy or sample from de-identified NCCD database (if they have one)
- Copy of any policies and procedures that guide the 4 steps of the data collection, including evidence (with permission of their leadership)
- Copy of the 2018 NCCD guidelines (which they would have used for this data collection)
- Copy of the Examples of Evidence – Consolidated Evidence Examples
Date: 24 August 2018
Venue: Tatachilla Lutheran College (see map)
Time: 8.45am – 3.00pm
Cost: $85pp (inc. GST, including guest speaker, morning tea and lunch)
Register your attendance for the SpecNet Hub Group Key Teacher Day HERE Monday, 20 August 2018.
More information to follow, or contact Sandra Scott.