- This event has passed.
Vic/Tas God’s Big Story – Curriculum Training
19th September 2019 @ 9:00 am - 20th September 2019 @ 12:30 pm$150
God’s Big Story 2.0 is the second iteration of curriculum resources developed by CSA in Partnership with Christian Heritage College for Christian Schools and teachers, to assist them in thinking through the why, what and how of developing and delivering quality curriculum in a Christian School. This training will take place over 2 days:
Thursday 19 September 2019, 9.00 am – 3.30 pm
Friday 20 September 9.00 am – 12.30 pm (incl lunch)
Location: Templestowe Baptist Church (1-3-105 Andersons Creek Rd, Doncaster East)
- Key teachers and curriculum leaders (primary and secondary) in Christian schools
- Writers of curriculum programs and units of work for the Christian school context, interested in using the God’s Big Story framework.
- Teachers new to Christian schooling
This Curriculum Training will be facilitated by Cass Pendlebury – Executive Officer (Curriculum National Portfolio) for Christian Schools Australia.
- “The Big Picture ” – What makes Curriculum distinctively Christian?
- Illuminating God’s Big Story in the Australian Curriculum
- How do I Connect Learners with God’s Big Story?
- Using God’s Big Story for Planning Curriculum
- Curriculum writing exercise in small groups (bring along a unit you are working on, that you would like to approach from a GBS perspective)
- How well do I connect curriculum, pedagogy and assessment with God’s Big Story?
Come expecting to be energised, to gain fresh perspectives, to learn, to participate and to contribute.
A professional learning participation certificate listing relevant AITSL teacher standards and CSA Christian Distinctive teacher standards will be issued following completion of the Training.
The cost will be $150 + GST/person including morning tea and lunch on both days.
You can register by emailing: email@example.com with your name, email address, dietary requirements (GF or vegetarian will be catered for) and you role in your school.